Smoky chipotle pork (slimming world friendly)

This recipe came from me having some diced pork defrosted in the fridge from the freezer and wondering what to do with it, I was on a late shift today so wanted something I could marinade and cook quickly when I got home. I love Mexican food but sometimes it's too hot and spicy at least when cooking it at home you can control the heat and Jamie Oliver with your 30 minute meals  I gave you a run for your money I promise you hand on heart I walked in the door at 8.30pm and dished up dinner at 9pm : )

I bought the chipotle paste in my local Sainsburys I think it is available in most supermarkets now. The only thing I had to do before work was marinate pork did everything else when I got in and it was super quick and easy and really tasty.  Hope you try it and I will post the salsa recipe another time soon.

Smoky Chipotle pork (serves 4)

1lb diced lean pork
2 tsp chipotle paste
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Mix everything very well together and leave to marinade all day in a covered dish (or the night before if easier) in the fridge  . Line a baking tray with baking parchment or foil (makes it easier to clean) and just spread the pieces of pork across the tray, Place in the oven at Gas 6 / 400/200 for 20-25 minutes until browned and cooked through.

I served this with some wholegrain boiled rice, black eye beans (reheated from a can) and a quick tomato salsa.

1/4 syn per serving : )



Popular Posts